Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm Catching Up!!!

Yes I am!!!  It feels great to be almost caught up on something in my life!  Seems like there isn't enough time in a day to get everything I need done...I wish there were at least 5 more hours to a day or six....just round it off to 30 hours instead of 24!  Anyways, here are my creations for February!


Princess Themed 1st Birthday.  All pink and girly is what I was going for on this particular cake.  I was pressed for time, so I didn't have time to make my own crown...I bought one.  It worked well on top of the cake though.




Another Princess Cake!  This one I am really proud of.  I found this design and loved it, so I wanted to make it myself.  Making this cake taught me alot!  I learned the quilting technique, which looks very elegant as well as the crown I made from royal icing.  Oh and the draping.  Brooklynn was a happy little girl!



I made these as gifts for a Facebook fan page referral contest.  I didn't get as much response as I wanted, but I'd do it again...with a better prize that is!  It was close to Valentine's Day so I thought these were fitting. 
Join my Facebook page!!!




I was asked to donate a dessert for a silent action in February.  It was for FASD fundraising banquet.  It's hard for me to find time to volunteer with the kids at home, so giving this dessert felt really good!  I would definately do it again!!







Do do do do Da Dora, Do do do do Da Dora!!  Dora again.   I was so happy to do this cake for a friend of mine as well as Ryan's cousin.  Heather also was the one who took our wedding pictures back in September of 2008.  Check her out!  http://www.pixelpiephotos.com/   Here daughter was born very close to Valentine's Day and she had a Dora Valentine's birthday party.  Heather and I worked together on this one and got a lot of the inspiration from one of the books.  I love how this cake turned out!!  Here's what she said "Beautiful job as always Andrea. And such a yummy cake too! I can now officially spout off praises for the way they taste too! Daysha absolutely loved her Dora Valentine cake! Thank you again!"








The BOOBS!  I ran into a lady at the grocery store and she wanted a 30th birthday novelty cake for her husband.  The boobs were a challenge.  I had a hard time getting them smooth and the ribbon on the bra was a bit difficult.  There were matching cupcakes as well as some bulldog ones ( I got the idea from Hello Cupcake!), his hockey team was Mad Dogs. 

"It was awesome. He said that it was the best chocolate cake he ever had. The whole pub got up and checked out his cake. Everyone was shocked at the amazing detail lol. All the guys were definetly smiling. Thank you! I'm really happy with eveything."







Minnie Mouse giant cupcake cake.  I've been waiting a long time to make a giant cupcake.  I didn't want to make a cake for myslelf, so I waited until I had a customer who said run with any idea.  This was for my friend Cherry's little girl.  All she wanted was Minnie Mouse and it turned out I had a little figurine I had purchased months prior hoping it would get used.  This is one of my favorite cakes!!




Snowboarding!  For a friend of mine who I used to work with her husband.  Her son is getting really into snowboarding and doing well at it.  She though this would be a perfect cake for him.  

 "In short: ur cake was a big big huge hit!!!!!!!Thank u very much!!!!!  The kids remarks were " this is the best cake ever!" etc and Ricky gave one look at it and just said that his cake is awesome cool!!!"

2 comments:

  1. I love the giant cupcake on the round with the cupcakes along the side. I've been wanting to get the giant cupcake pan. I also love the princess cake with the quilted fondant and royal icing tiara. I would be afraid of the tiara breaking before I placed it on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't have a giant cupcake pan, I just sculpted that. I also thought the tiara would be extremely delicate, but I put quite a few coats on and it made it to the party.

    ReplyDelete