Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2010! January

Twenty ten, two thousand and ten, whatever you want to call it...This was another busy month for me.  Wait  a minute, it seems every minute of every day of every month is busy for me.  I love it.  It keeps me on my toes and I can't really say I'm ever bored.  Whether it's playing with the kids or doing laundry or making cakes, I'm always doing something!  January brought in the new year with such beautiful weather.  I am used to it being -30 to -40 and it was so nice we could play outside almost everyday...which my full of energy kids need.  Here is what I made in January.
It started out with Alyvia's 5th birthday.  She loves to plan things and love to create.  We made all these treat boxes for her guests at the party.  They were so cute, we had to take a picture.  You can download the printable template from this really cool website.  http://www.simplynabiki.com/en/2009/12/cloud-treatbox-free-printable/ .  Check out the entire website, since she has such neat ideas for kids and everyone else. 


Alyvia palnned her party for months, probably six!  She really loves Halloween and wanted a halloween cake, but I convinced her to pick something different.  She chose a wedding cake!  Every five year old girl wants a wedding cake!  I did my best to make a wedding cake to here specifications.  She didn't want it covered in fondant only buttercream and she wanted butterflies.  Every wedding cake needs flowers, so we found this flower weath hidden away and it worked perfect.  All her friends loved her cake and she was so proud of it!  Isn't she beautiful?!


This 2-tier was for sweet, adorable little twin girls.  I've never done a cake for twins, so I was pretty excited.  There mom contacted me a few months prior and mailed me out the napkin she was using for the party, so I tried to match the cake to it.  She didn't really care what I did, she just wanted it girly, pink and sparkly.  This was my first time making fondant roses.  They do take  a while to get the hang of, but eventually I got a few to use.  With my follow-up e-mail she told me the cake was delicious!!  Always great to hear!


Super Mario Brothers...woohoo!   This was for Austin's first steps teacher.  She ordered it for her son who turned 8.  She found a little candy topper which I placed on top of the cake.  Cupcakes are always fun for kids and easy to take to parties that aren't at home.  I was told Tyler loved it!


My friend Sylvia has a cute little boy named Drayton.  He loves cake and gets so excited about it!  You'd have to know Drayton to get it! lol.  Anyways he already pre-ordered his cake about ten times prior to his party.  Eventually his mom took over and wanted this car that Buzz Lightyear drives created.  I was totally up for the challenge.  I knew seeing Drayton's face woud be worth all the effort and it was!  He was so happy and didn't notice the parts I left out.  I made this cake the night before and was up until 3am.  It was a long night.  It's not exactly like the toy, but pretty close! :)

Barn Cake #2.  A bit different from the last one, the customer told me exactly what she wanted down to the color of the cat, cow and coveralls!   I'm still learning to make people a bit better, they always seem to look fat and my cow has extra large legs, but I couldn't get him to stand without them! I think it turned out pretty cute!



Here's what most of January looked like.  The frost on the trees was so gorgeous, I usually don't get a chance to take pictures, but I took so many that month!  The first picture is the road infront of our place and I took that on the way to Drayton's party...it just looked so peaceful.

Here are my three little munchkins.  I LOVE this picture!!  I didn't pose them this way, I just told them all to look at me and smile.  They spent most of the month playing in the snow and enjoying the mild winter we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment