Tuesday, March 23, 2010

December Creations

December is always busy with Christmas and family.  Here is what I came up with in the snowy month!


My Little Pony...I really love this cake. The mom knew exactly what she wanted and I think I delivered!  We were invited to the party and one lady said "Usually pretty cakes don't taste good, but this one is great!".  That felt so good to hear!


My little man's birthday was at the beginning of December.  Aidan turned 2!!  I still can't believe he is 2 already...feels like yesterday I was bringing him home on a -40 celcius day!  Well Ryan and I didn't know what kind of cake to make for him.  He really loves Hot Wheels cars and Ryan found this little '69 Chevy in the toy bin.  This truck was Austin's and now a favorite of Aidan.  So Ryan said "Make this one!".  I knew it would be a bit of a challenge, since red and black are not my fav colors to work with.  All in all it turned out well. Pretty rushed though, I made this the morning of the party!  Me and my leaving it until last minute. :)

Who doesn't love ice cream cake...never mind Turtles and Skor ice cream cake!!  Yum.  It was just simple, but good.  I even made the kids and I one.


This would be my third John Deere tractor cake.  I really don't like making the same cake more than once, but since she wanted fondant instead of only buttercream I was excited.  I think the fondant looks great on here compared to the previous buttercream only tractors.

Since about September I had wanted to try Christmas yule log cakes out.  I was so happy when I recieved an order for two!   These are really fun to make!  I've never made a rolled cake, which was something completely different.  One of these was angel food cake with real whipping cream and the other is vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream filling.  The customer didn't want them to be overly chocolatey.  The meringue mushrooms are so cute.  I thought they would be much more difficult to make, but not, only very time consuming.  Alyvia even helped make a few.  They have a different taste to them, not gross, just different.  Maybe it's because I haven't eaten much meringue desserts before.

The fat little fisherman :). I absolutely LOVE this cake!  I had a lot of fun with it.  It was only a 6" cake, but I got to incorporate a lot on there.  My marbellized water didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, well not at all...it wasn't marbellized at all! lol.  The customer was extremely happy with this cake for her husband on New Year's Eve.


Here are two pictures of my family and I at Christmas.  We had to take two pictures because neither of us know how to use the camera to take a timer picture.  My beautiful family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment