Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not so busy to SUPER BUSY!!

So this month of April started out with a few cakes with just a few bookings (previously posted) and then snowballed into craziness for April and May!  My photography skills are terrible, so don't mind some of the photos look pretty bad! 

My niece, Teila's birthday was on the 19th.  Alyvia and I came up with the idea since she was having a garden party.  I love it!  I also love that I got to use the dessert stand my Grandma gave me, it was hers when she was younger.  There was a ice cream cake that went along with this, but my camera is on the blitz and didn't save the pictures I took.  It was just white with a big flower in the middle, but the best ice cream cake I've ever had!!  It was chocolate caramel chunk with Oreo crust...so good!





For my Grandma's 82nd birthday I made her this green embroidery texture cake.  She is from Northern Ireland where all is green and loved the color (I kinda messed up on the color, I think it looks more hospital like, lol).  This was a new technique I wanted to give a try and I think it would have worked better on fondant, but I only wanted to use buttercream.  My son Austin with his Great Grandma and then a picture of some of the great grandchildren with her as well.  Teila was just about to cry!




Thomas the Train.  I love this cake!  So does my little Aidan, he kept saying "TRAIN, TRAIN!!".  I think I know what I'll have to make for him for his 3rd birthday.  This past weekend was super crazy.  Ryan came home and had hurt his back, so we were running back and forth to hospitals, chiropractors, for a massage, etc, etc...Anyways, I squeezed this cake into my craziness, but didn't even have time to take a good picture of it.  I took these when the customer was here to pick up the cake, talk about last minute! 

I have a lot of weddings coming up this spring, summer and fall.  So far, nine!  My first one is mid-May and I think I'll get in the wedding groove.  Wedding cakes take a lot of time and not only time baking and decorating.  There is more time put into sitting with the bride and groom (if he wants to come that is!) and figuring out what they want in a cake.  Sometimes this goes quickly, like a cake I booked last week.  She was the most awesome bride to be ever and booked her cake in 25 minutes!  She didn't car to have a taste testing, she trusted that my cakes are delicious, just by what she's seen and heard.  That make life a bit easier.  But some brides are different, some take months to figure out what they want.  That's fine, but I don't think they realize I have a life too and if I charged them for all the consultations and time and effort I've put into their cake, it would be very expensive!!  Sorry to vent, I think maybe I am just feeling a little frustrated with everything that's been going on.  It feels better to get it out! lol!~

No comments:

Post a Comment