Saturday, April 10, 2010

#1 Monkey

A friend of mine contacted me about making her son's cake for his first birthday.  I love first birthday cakes, they are fun and will always be a huge memory!  She gave me a list of things he liked and I took the monkey idea, mainly because I love monkeys and I haven't done a monkey cake before.  I did a little searching to get some inspiration and came across the cutest cake I'd ever seen.   I e-mailed it to Jodi and we decided that was the cake to make.  I don't know who to give credit to because there were so many on google that looked similar.  I made this cake in the banana chocolate...I thought that was fitting since it was a monkey!




The cake is all cake, no rice krispie.  Smash cakes are included with 1st birthday cakes and I really wanted it to make without using a pile of fondant.  I think the little smash cake turned out so cute!  This cake was a blast to make!!

"Hey mrs. Cake Boss. Thanks again and it was delicious. He really destroyed his smash cake. Lol"

No comments:

Post a Comment