Friday, October 29, 2010

Beautiful August!

August was another  busy one....as usual!  lol.  We did some camping, swimming and had my big boy's 9th birthday.  August is a sign that summer is coming to an end.  Take advantage of all the nice weather, even if it's raining a bit, soon the snow will be flying :(  I booked a few to many cakes this month, which took away a bit of my time and I will know for next year to book at least one full week off in August. 

A simple Transformers BumbleBee Cake.  The client put a BumbleBee car on the top later on.  All buttercream at request of the client.
"The boys Birthday cake!!! Thanks Andrea it was so yummy!!"

I was VERY nervous with this cake!!  I cannot even describe what was going through my mind in creating and delivering this one.  It was a first, a BIG first.  I had never done a topsy turvy cake nevermind a topsy turvy wedding cake!  I think it turned out absolutely amazing.  I love the color choice of the bride as well as having the black tier to offset the white.  The entire cake was cake...no styrofoam.  This baby was heavy.  I had to deliver it to Edmonton, which is about 2 hours south of where I live, on a very hot, humid August day!  With my luck, my truck's air conditioning crapped out and I had to run to my sister for help.  She drove me and the cake safely there.  It was a nerve racking trip for sure!  Once there and all set up, I was filled with pride of my accomplishment.  I had to share a few more pics! 



Here's me and my baby boy!

I didn't know what to say when I got this order.  It was a bit interesting!  LMAO!

More boobs.  These have become quite popular!  This request included a zebra print bra. lol 
Wizards of Waverly Place.  I've never actually heard of the show, but the client brought forth a picture of a cake she wanted me to replicate.  I changed the picture to the birthday girl.  Not sure who to credit for this...  it's a cute idea.
"Hey Andrea,Amy loved the cake..She was so happy when she saw it.Everyone commented on what an awesome cake it was and what a great job you did on it.Thanks so much again Andrea"

No this is not a butt!  My husband told me it looked like a butt.  It's an apron for a bridal shower.  Those are boobs and straps hunny! lol
"Everything went so good:) The cake was amazing!! I got so many complients!! Even both my Grandmas approved:) Anyways, I can't thank you enough. The cake was a hit and we ate the whole thing!! "
"Hey Andrea, Just wanted to say thank you for my gorgeous shower cake. You did such a wonderful job!  Thank you!!"


The guitar cake was HUGE!!  I was worried I couldn't get it to look well because I have never worked on such a large scale one layer cake, but I think it turned out well.


A replica of a wedding cake designed by someone else... again not sure who to credit.  The pleated swags turned out perfect!!  I found a great totorial  which helped me to create the flawless look of swagging.  When I first saw swags on a cake I thought they were ugly, but they have definatley grown on me.  They make a simple cake look very elegant and I can't wait to use them on another cake in the future!

My son, Austin's 9th birthday cake.  He couldn't decide for weeks on end what kind of cake to have.  I could imagine being a kid with a mom who makes all sorts of cakes, trying to figure out exactly what to have and what will be the coolest.  He finally, the day before his birthday decided on this.  He handed me the smallest little lego figurine and asked my to replicate it for his cake.  I excitedly took on the challenge and added a few Lego blocks around to add color.   The cake was such a hit.  My nephew said he couldn't stop starring at the cake, it was just so cool! lol

My handsome 9 year old.  So proud of his cake!

Sea turtle cake with matching cuppies for a 1st birthday. 

Thanks for looking, I will try to get up September's cake soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment