Thursday, March 19, 2009

Creations!!

This coming Saturday I have an order for 3 cakes!! I am a little nervous. 1, because Ryan is away and I have the kids to take care of and 2, because the cakes are for actual paying customers!! I am very excited though because I am getting to learn and try new things and I don't have to eat the cake!! I'd be 400 lbs!

The one I started on tonight is a Elmo sheet cake. A little nervous about this one because it has red. I've never really used red, so I hope the color comes out alright, I bough no taste red paste by Wiltons. I am going to try a new technique on this one that I saw on you tube. Using a flat edge to smooth the sides of the cake, I hate using the off-set spatula, it never reallygets smooth.

Tomorrow morning I am going to start carving out a John Deere tractor from two loaf pans. I am pretty excited and can't wait for the finished product, I just have to be patient though because I tend to want the end result now and rush my work! This was Ryan's idea to make the tractor instead of drawing one out on a sheet cake.

The last cake, which I'll probably do on Saturday morning is for a friend of mine's daughter. She is turning 6 and is having a princess party. I made a castle cake for my daughter's 4th birhtday, it was okay (started leaning because I didn't brace it properly, or maybe not at all). Jade wants one just like Alyvia's. I bought scewers this time and I hope those work!

Lots to do tomorrow, make SMBC and hopefully that is on my side, or else I'm just using regular old buttercream. I did however find a great recipie on the net, which I tried today and it's pretty good. I haven't piped with it yet, but it tastes nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment